IPTV is emerging as one of the major ways of entertainment with thousands of live TV channels and on-demand videos. When it comes to live TV, it is important to have a TV guide to know what is streaming and when it is streaming. Without the EPG guide, watching live TV on IPTV would be a mess. By knowing the importance of EPG on IPTV, we are here to guide you on how to add the program guide to the IPTV application of your device.
What is EPG
EPG stands for Electronic Program Guide. It appears on your screen to change or navigate among various channels based on the shows and timing it shows. There is over 10,000+ TV channel streaming all around the world, and it is difficult to cope with all the program you watch. To make streaming easier, the EPG guide is provided to guide and navigate you by showing what’s streaming now and then on all the available channels. It allows you to choose and stream your favorite channel on your IPTV with ease.
Some of the best IPTV providers will offer a built-in video player app to stream the contents. On those video player apps, the EPG will be integrated, and there is no need to add them manually. But in IPTV, video player apps like GSE SMART IPTV and Smart IPTV are third-party media player apps and have no integration or communication with the IPTV providers. So, you have to upload your IPTV’s EPG to the app manually.
Advantages of VPN when streaming IPTV
It is important to have an active VPN connection before streaming IPTV videos. Not all IPTV services are legitimate and may have copyrighted content. So to avoid any trouble, it is best to have an active VPN service and be anonymous while streaming online. Try VPN services like NordVPN or ExpressVPN for a better experience.
How to Add EPG Guide on GSE Smart IPTV
 Download and install GSE Smart IPTV on your Android/iOS device.
 Launch the IPTV app and click on the Hamburger icon in the top left corner.
 Choose EPG Program Guide from the menu.
 Click on Add (+) icon on the screen.
 Choose either Add Local EPG source or Add Remote EPG source.
 Add Local EPG source – Enter the EPG name and browse or enter the path of the EPG file on your device.
Add Remote EPG source – Enter the EPG name and enter the EPG source link provided.
 For the Remote EPG source, you can tick the Auto-update, check the box, and select the number of days.
 Once entered, click on Add to add the EPG program guide on your device.
 That’s it. You have successfully added the EPG guide to the GSE Smart IPTV app.
 Now, you can log in to your IPTV with either the M3U URL or Xtream Codes API and start streaming along with EPG guides.
How to Upload EPG Guide on Smart IPTV
 Install the Smart IPTV app on your device.
 Launch the Smart IPTV app and note the Mac address that appears on the screen.
 From your web browser, go to https://siptv.app/mylist/.
 Enter the Mac address followed by M3U URL or M3U file.
 Also, enter the EPG URL in the required tab.
 Click on Send to upload the playlist to the given Mac address device.
Note: If you don’t have an EPG guide URL, you can check Detect EPG box, and this will probably find the matching EPG for your IPTV service.
 Now, you can watch IPTV with EPG Guide in it.
Note: If the playlist is not updated, restart the app on your device.
How to Add EPG Guide on Kodi
 Install the Kodi on any of the available devices.
 Go to the Add-On section and click on Enter Add-On browser on the screen.
 Choose PVR clients from the menu.
 Inside PVR clients, choose PVR IPTV Simple Client.
 Click on Install to download the PVR IPTV Simple Client add-on.
 After installation, click on Configure icon.
 Here, go to the EPG section and click on the XMLTV URL.
 Enter the EPG Guide URL and click on OK to add the URL.
 Again, click on OK to save settings.
 Now, you have successfully added the EPG guide on Kodi.
How to Get EPG Guide on VLC Media Player
1) The first thing to do is to connect your smartphone to a stable internet connection.
2) Launch the Play Store app on your mobile and search for the VLC Media Player.
3) Hit the Install button to download the VLC Media Player app.
4) Open the app after installation and follow the on-screen procedures to access the app.
5) Once you’re in, navigate to the More section displayed at the bottom.
6) Tap the New Stream option and enter the EPG URL on the link panel.
7) Click the Arrow button to view the EPG Guide.
8) Now, view the schedule of your favorite IPTV channels on VLC Media Player.
How to Add EPG Guide on IPTV Smarters Player
1) On your smartphone, install the IPTV Smarters Player app from the Play Store or App Store.
2) Open the app and enter the required credentials to sign in to the app.
3) You’ll see an Install EPG button on the home screen of the IPTV Smarters Player app.
4) Fill in the EPG link on the respective box and follow the on-screen prompts to add the EPG Guide.
5) After adding it, click the button Live with EPG to view the EPG Guide.
6) That’s it. Now, use the EPG Guide to track and watch your favorite shows without missing them.
How to Add EPG URL on TiviMate IPTV Player
1) Launch the TiviMate IPTV Player on your device after the installation.
2) Choose the Add Playlist button.
3) Highlight the M3U playlist to add a playlist.
4) When prompted, enter the M3U link you received in the email. Click Next.
5) Allow TiviMate to load the IPTV service and its channels.
6) Select a Playlist name.
7) If you could see Playlist is processed message, select Done.
8) When the IPTV content appears on the TiviMate app, go to Settings.
9) Select EPG from the available options.
10) Tap on the slider next to Default Source.
How to Buy EPG Guide for IPTV
There are several sites online that offer EPG guides for almost all available channels. These guides are available both free and subscription-based. Free guides may not have the guides updated properly, but with the subscription-based guide, you can get regularly based on all channels to avoid missing any of your favorite content. Some of the popular EPG providers are
- EPG IPTV (epg.best)
- EPG Guide (epgguide.net)
- and EPG Ready (epgready.com)
With this guide, you came to know about what is EPG guide and how to use it along with IPTV players. Without the EPG, it is difficult to keep track of the shows and content that are streaming on live TV channels. So either buy IPTV service with the EPGs like IPTV Lead or Bad Boy IPTV or buy the EPG separately from third-party providers.